Please activate JavaScript to use the website. Unauthorized reproduction of this publication is prohibited. 6though if I should wish to boast, I would not be a fool, for I would be speaking the truth; but I refrain from it, so that no one may think more of me than he sees in me or hears from me. Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. But even if you do, accept me as a fool, so that I too may boast a little. 19 Have you been thinking all along that we have been defending ourselves to you? General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). 3And I know that this man was caught up into paradise—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows— 4:17; Rev. The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. So am I. I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, rlet him be accursed. 15 But when he cwho had set me apart dbefore I was born,4 and who ecalled me by his grace, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”. Subscribe to a study package to unlock the ESV Study Bible, the interactive Knowing the Bible study series, the Preaching the Word commentary series, and more. And I know that this man was caught up into paradise—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows—. 16 I repeat, rlet no one think me foolish. 6 I am astonished that you are lso quickly deserting mhim who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to na different gospel— Enter your credit card information to ensure uninterrupted service following your free trial. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. 2 For I feel a divine jealousy for you, since nI betrothed you to one husband, oto present you pas a pure virgin to Christ. But when they measure themselves by one another and compare themselves with one another, they are dwithout understanding. 17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me, but I went away into Arabia, and returned again to Damascus. and he heard things that cannot be told, which man may not utter. 13 For in what were you less favored than the rest of the churches, except that I myself did not burden you? On behalf of this man I will boast, but on my own behalf I will not boast. 32 At Damascus, the governor under King Aretas vwas guarding the city of Damascus in order to seize me, 14 Here vfor the third time I am ready to come to you. 3 And I know that this man was caught up into paradise—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows— 4 and he heard things that cannot be told, which man may not utter. Did Titus take advantage of you? 18 Since umany boast according to the flesh, I too will boast. Upgrade to Bible Gateway Plus, and access the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible notes. 12:5; [Ezek. 12 Not that we dare to classify or bcompare ourselves with some of those who care commending themselves. Though there is nothing to be gained by it, I will go on to visions and xrevelations of the Lord. So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations. And I will not be a burden, for (AA)I seek not what is yours but you. 2:17; Col. 1:24; 1 Thess. Have you been thinking all along that we have been defending ourselves to you? 14 Here for the third time I am ready to come to you. 13 For in what were you less favored than the rest of the churches, except that u I myself did not burden you? 11 Let such a person understand that what we say by letter when absent, we do when present. But our hope is that ias your faith increases, our area of influence among you may be jgreatly enlarged, 5 to whom be the glory forever and ever. 12 (W)The signs of a true apostle were performed among you (X)with utmost patience, with signs and wonders and mighty works. Forgive me this wrong! Though there is nothing to be gained by it, I will go on to visions and # Gal. ESV Study Bible, Burgundy Genuine Leather with Thumb Index, Psalms, ESV Illuminated Scripture Journal, ESV Student Study Bible, TruTone, Navy Blue, ESV Large Print Bible, TruTone, Olive, Celtic Cross Design. 1 I must go on boasting. when I come I may find you not as I wish, and that you may find me not as you wish—that perhaps there may be quarreling, jealousy, anger, hostility, slander, gossip, conceit, and disorder. 5 On behalf of this man I will boast, but on my own behalf I will not boast, (H)except of my weaknesses— 6 though if I should wish to boast, (I)I would not be a fool, for I would be speaking the truth; but I refrain from it, so that no one may think more of me than he sees in me or hears from me. 12 I must go on boasting. 8 For even if I boast a little too much of your authority, which the Lord gave for building you up and not for destroying you, I will not be ashamed. 2 I know a man yin Christ who fourteen years ago was zcaught up to athe third heaven—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, bGod knows. 4 and he heard things that cannot be told, which man may not utter. You forced me to it, for I ought to have been commended by you. 2 But we have renounced z disgraceful, underhanded ways. It is (AJ)in the sight of God that we have been speaking in Christ, and (AK)all for your upbuilding, beloved. Learn More About English Standard Version 2016. 20 For I fear that perhaps hwhen I come I may find you not as I wish, and that you may find me not as you wish—that perhaps there may be quarreling, jealousy, anger, hostility, slander, gossip, conceit, and disorder. Though there is nothing to be gained by it, I will go on to visions and revelations of the Lord. 13 For in what were you less favored than the rest of the churches, except that uI myself did not burden you? 5:17 in Christ who fourteen years ago was # ver. 7 But we pray to God that you may not do wrong—not that we may appear to have met the test, but that you may do what is right, though we may seem to have failed. Paul's Visions and His Thorn. 7 Or adid I commit a sin in humbling myself so that you might be exalted, because bI preached God’s gospel to you free of charge? 26 on frequent journeys, in danger from rivers, danger from robbers, kdanger from my own people, ldanger from Gentiles, mdanger in the city, danger in the wilderness, danger at sea, danger from false brothers; 1:6; Phil. 17 Did I take advantage of you cthrough any of those whom I sent to you? the brother with him. Did we not take the same steps? 28 And, apart from other things, there is the daily pressure on me of my anxiety for pall the churches. 15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as pservants of righteousness. Though there is nothing to be gained by it, I will go on to visions and (A)revelations of the Lord. 4 For the mweapons of nour warfare are not of the flesh but have odivine power pto destroy strongholds. 13 For in what were you less favored than the rest of the churches, except that I myself did not burden you? 22 And I was still unknown in person to kthe churches of Judea that are in Christ. For I fear that perhaps when I come I may find you not as I wish, and that you may find me not as you wish—that perhaps there may be quarreling, jealousy, anger, hostility, slander, gossip, conceit, and disorder. 15 I will most gladly spend and be spent for your souls. 8 I robbed other churches by accepting support from them in order to serve you. 2 I know a man # See ch. 2 Corinthians 6. 14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as oan angel of light. I must go on boasting. 4 Therefore, having x this ministry y by the mercy of God, 1 we do not lose heart. 17Did I take advantage of you through any of those whom I sent to you? The ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®) copyright ©2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. 2 I know a man y in Christ who fourteen years ago was z caught up to a the third heaven—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, b God knows. 10 For this reason I write these things while I am away from you, that when I come zI may not have to be asevere in my use of bthe authority that the Lord has given me for building up and not for tearing down. 5 Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. For children are not obligated to save up for their parents, but parents for their children. Forgive me this wrong! For I was. 14Here for the third time I am ready to come to you. Did we not take the same steps? 10 For they say, “His letters are weighty and strong, but zhis bodily presence is weak, and ahis speech of no account.” Did we not act in the same spirit? 11 Finally, brothers,1 rejoice. 15 We do not boast beyond limit in the labors of others. though if I should wish to boast, I would not be a fool, for I would be speaking the truth; but I refrain from it, so that no one may think more of me than he sees in me or hears from me. For owhen I am weak, then I am strong. 19 Have you been thinking all along that we have been defending ourselves to you? 18 For it is lnot the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one mwhom the Lord commends. 8:3; Acts 8:39] caught up to # See Ps. 21I fear that when I come again my God may humble me before you, and I may have to mourn over many of those who sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, sexual immorality, and sensuality that they have practiced. 13 For in what were you less favored than the rest of the churches, except that (Y)I myself did not burden you?