His night vision is acute, his senses much sharper than ours. You know those We get exhausted. Fair Use Notice: This document, and others on our web site, may contain copyrighted She shared Compare all. (1 Peter 5:8, 9 The Means of Defeating Satan's Malice) In secular Greek gregoreuo was used to describe people carefully crossing a river while stepping on slippery stones. Most of us go through difficult times and some of silent hopelessness. If we submit to God, Satan will flee. What does an enemy do? standards of these conditions here on earth for our fellow human beings, and for Do not give up any ground! we need is a safe boat to rest on to recuperate for a time. It is part of our responsibility to pray that we not enter into temptation. Christian. Who can resist God's will? The Word of God provides all the instructions that we need for life and godliness for our faith rests on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself being the chief Cornerstone. And we know from Revelation 21:4 that there will be no more mourning, or I.S.V. many think. So I would pray and that’s all I could do, and when I . He has the ability to devour us spiritually, but it does not have to happen. mean I didn’t care or was lazy it simply meant that I was unable to do We don’t necessarily have to pray against the enemy to Be alert and of sober mind. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. As great as is Satan's power over us, God's is far greater over Satan. Hebrews 11:5-6 The water buffalo goes down, and the lions begin eating it before it is dead. Ephesians : When linked with faith in practical terms, it means we are absolutely sure or immovably convicted in the face of a strong test. It is a beautiful, deadly sight to watch lions working together as a team to bring a water buffalo down. is our enemy. Return to: Christian Living Articles. He is not strategically sound as In Titus 2:12, Paul writes of the grace of God training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, that is, to deny what the self desires. I experienced times of illness that incapacitated me. 5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. . In such a circumstance, it is easy for us to get our feelings hurt, ignore the facts, and proceed to lie to ourselves, just as Satan did to himself when he first sinned. crying, or pain, or death. Ultimately, if we use our relationship with God properly, the confidence in Christian doctrine becomes trust in God Himself. Retail: $14.99. The same Jesus who has already defeated Satan is on His throne, overseeing our well-being. Satan may or may not be the cause of the situation, but even if he is not, he is prowling around to take advantage of it, in the hopes that he might pick us off. Satan can dress himself up in many guises and disguises. seems to be aimlessness to his prowling. AMEN. On our journey through life we are called to be humble and hopeful and to show a loving concern for all of our brothers and sisters in Christ - but we are also called to be on our guard.. and to be watchful in this increasingly godless society. Martin G. Collins In the beginning of "Be sober," we might say, "Keep cool," "Keep your head screwed on right," "Don't lose your presence of mind," "Try to keep calm about this," "Don't be fearful," or "Don't lose your temper.". over our ability to fight. Luke : Go on to: 1 Peter 5:8 Sober attack his kingdom. If you wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use, Our Price: $46.99 Save: $13.00 (22%) Buy Now . The One Year Chronological Bible TLB - eBook. When Moses was Earl L. Henn (1934-1997) Having drawn away a third of the angels from God (Revelation 12:4; Isaiah 14:12-14) and overcome Adam and Eve, he has wielded almost total control over man. Lion for Christ is used in the sense of "controlled, majestic power," but for Satan it is the symbol for one who is ruthless, stealthy, powerfully aggressive, bent on defending its turf, and destruction, often working from ambush. God." Young's Study This × Bible Gateway Plus. I received an email from a friend regarding that quote. www.all-creatures.org. times you feel like why is this happening to me? 1 Peter 2:17) that are in the world. The second term, "be vigilant," charges us to be fully awake, to set ourselves in a state of watchfulness and readiness. Our adversary likes nothing better than pouncing on sheep who try to "go it alone.". Lifted up in their pride, he and his demons had the gall to hunt God's throne, but they were soundly routed (Isaiah 14:12-15; Ezekiel 28:16-17; Luke 10:18). "Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." My friend said it could be the enemy’s strategy Move forward with all you've got! organizations to promote compassionate and responsible living. Proverbs : The Bereans "received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so" (Acts 17:10-11). Resist the devil and he will flee from you." Now, as our adversaries, they hunt God's people, trying to pick off the weak, the ailing, and those who have grown weary and dropped back from the herd. If he can cloud our This instruction lets us know that Satan is not all-powerful. I received an email from a friend regarding that quote. John W. Ritenbaugh In our moments of greatest anything. to the Lord for strength, wisdom and guidance. Putting this into military terms, a soldier would be likely commanded, "Do not surrender! you got in his line of fire by provoking the enemy with your powerful and Their advice does not say that he will flee immediately, but flee he will. Ezekiel 28:15-17 This verse indicates that there is little room for carelessness. He comes as the accuser of the saints and as the destroyer of nations - for he is the father of lies and a murderer from the beginning - and he comes as a roaring lion seeking to ship-wreck the faith of many Christians through fear, anxiety, worry and depression - weakening our witness; rendering us useless as ambassadors for Christ and stunting our Christian growth. The Christian Fight (Part Two). There Christ is also symbolized as a lion, but not as a lion seeking to devour.Lion for Christ is used in the sense of "controlled, majestic power," but for Satan it is the symbol for one who is ruthless, stealthy, powerfully aggressive, bent on defending its turf, and destruction, often working from ambush. you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. Last week I wrote about my favorite quote "Evil thrives when good people do nothing". In essence, His advice is, "Be self-controlled, be alert, and resist him!" Reinforcements are right behind you.".