Salem Media Group. NIV 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. Biblica provides God's Word to people through translation, publishing and Bible engagement in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, and North America. That these are the scourges of thy heavenly Father, and the rod is in his hand. He who knows that God cares for him, need have no anxious cares about himself. NIV®. He who remembers the falling sparrow, and who hears the young ravens when they cry, will not be unmindful of us.

Related Commentaries for 1 Peter 5. 1 Peter 5:7. NIV 8 Be alert and of sober mind. He will bear both thee and thy burden. 1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 2. All the old MSS., with one weighty exception, …Alexander Maclaren—Expositions of Holy Scripture Ephesians, Peter,John, Consolations against Impatience in Sickness. (, California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. These Scriptures may not be sold or otherwise offered for sale. To report dead links, typos, or html errors or suggestions about making these resources more useful use our convenient, Baker Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology, Hastings' Dictionary of the New Testament, International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, John Etheridge Translation of the Peshitta, James Murdock Translation of the Peshitta, Commentary Critical and Explanatory - Unabridged, Kretzmann's Popular Commentary of the Bible, Lange's Commentary on the Holy Scriptures. Yea, all of you gird yourselves with humility, to serve one another: for God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace to the humble. Remember, poor, despised, afflicted child of God, that you will never be forgotten. That these are the scourges of thy heavenly Father, and the rod is in his hand. Article Images Copyright © 2020 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated.

The early church was made up of many classes of people, of various nationalities. “When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up,” Psalm 27:10. These Scriptures are not shareware and may not be duplicated.These scriptures are not public domain. For he careth for you - See the notes at Matthew 10:29-31. Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. 2 Peter 1:5-7 NIV For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love.

When he loves, he always loves; if he regarded you with favor when you were rich, he will not forget you when you are poor; he who watched over you with a parent‘s care in the bloom of youth, will not cast you off when you are “old and grey-headed,” Psalm 71:18. And now I turn to this one to see what it may yield us. These Scriptures may not be altered or modified in any form and must remain in their original context.

Recent Articles. American Standard VersionARRAY(0x55a3dc18b538), Bible in Basic EnglishARRAY(0x55a3dc18b358), The Bishop's Bible (1568)ARRAY(0x55a3dc18b190), English Revised VersionARRAY(0x55a3dc18b010), Contemporary English VersionARRAY(0x55a3dc18ae30), The Complete Jewish BibleARRAY(0x55a3dc18ac50), Easy-to-Read VersionARRAY(0x55a3dc18b7c0), English Standard VersionARRAY(0x55a3dc190708), The Geneva Bible (1587)ARRAY(0x55a3dc1908e8), George Lamsa Translation of the PeshittaARRAY(0x55a3dc190ac8), Good News TranslationARRAY(0x55a3dc190ca8), Holman Christian StandardARRAY(0x55a3dc190e88), Hebrew Names VersionARRAY(0x55a3dc191068), International Standard VersionARRAY(0x55a3dc191248), John Etheridge Translation of the PeshittaARRAY(0x55a3dc191428), James Murdock Translation of the PeshittaARRAY(0x55a3dc191608), King James Version (1611)ARRAY(0x55a3dc195770), J.P. Green Literal TranslationARRAY(0x55a3dc195bc0), Miles Coverdale Bible (1535)ARRAY(0x55a3dc195da0), Mace New Testament (1729)ARRAY(0x55a3dc195f80), New American Standard VersionARRAY(0x55a3dc1961a8), New Living TranslationARRAY(0x55a3dc19b6d8), New Revised StandardARRAY(0x55a3dc19ba98), The Emphasised BibleARRAY(0x55a3dc19bc78), Revised Standard VersionARRAY(0x55a3dc19c038), Updated Bible Version 1.9ARRAY(0x55a3dc1a1160), Wesley's New Testament (1755)ARRAY(0x55a3dc1a1700), Weymouth New TestamentARRAY(0x55a3dc1a18e0), The Wycliffe Bible (1395)ARRAY(0x55a3dc1a1ac0), Young's Literal TranslationARRAY(0x55a3dc1a1ca0), Lexham English BibleARRAY(0x55a3dc1a2060). Copyright © 2020, Bible Study Tools. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Why Great Preachers Are Not Always Great Leaders By Adrian Pei on October 12, 2020 Three Key Components Of A Solid Sermon At the time of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, "there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven." Go to. 1 Peter 5:7-10. This is a plain reference to Psalm 55:22; : Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he will sustain thee. 1 Peter 5:7 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] 1 Peter 5:7, NIV: "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 5 Likewise, ye younger, be subject unto the elder. 1 Peter 5:7, KJV: "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Among those of the Hebrew faith who were gathered at Jerusalem were some …Ellen Gould White—The Acts of the Apostles, Text: 1 Peter 5, 5-11. 1 Peter 5:7 - NIV - Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares... Study verse in the New International Version If thou didst suffer with reverence, being a child, the corrections of thy earthly parents, how much rather shouldst thou now subject thyself, being the child of God, to the chastisement of thy heavenly Father, In those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration." We have drawn lessons in previous addresses from the former parts of the closing salutations of this letter.

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Psalm 56:3,4 What time I am afraid, I will trust in you... Matthew 6:25,34 Therefore I say to you, Take no thought for your life, what you shall eat, or what you shall drink; nor yet for your body... Luke 12:11,12,22 And when they bring you to the synagogues, and to magistrates, and powers, take you no thought how or what thing you shall answer... Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. “Yet the Lord thinketh on me,” was the consolation of David, when he felt that he was “poor and needy,” Psalm 40:17. Casting all your care upon him,.... "Upon God": as the Syriac and Ethiopic versions read.

“Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee; he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.” Compare, for a similar sentiment, Matthew 6:25-30. Remember that you will never be entirely neglected. Father, mother, neighbor, friend, those whom you have loved, and those to whom you have done good, may neglect you, but God never will. If in thy sickness by extremity of pain thou be driven to impatience, meditate-- 1. Whatever things concern a follower of God, whether they be spiritual or temporal, or whether in themselves great or small, God concerns himself with them; what affects them affects him; in all their afflictions he is afflicted. 1 Peter 5:7, NASB: "casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you." Proud member

Casting all your care - Την μεριμναν· Your anxiety, your distracting care, on him, for he careth for you, ὁτι αυτω μελει περι ὑμων, for he meddles or concerns himself, with the things that interest you. NIV 7

Compare the notes at Philemon 4:6-7. The early church was made up of many classes of people, of various nationalities. He is not like the gods worshipped by many of the pagan, who were supposed to be so exalted, and so distant, that they did not interest themselves in human affairs; but He condescends to regard the needs of the meanest of his creatures. 'The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you ...'--1 Peter v. 13. Yea, all of you gird yourselves with humility, to serve one another: for God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace to the humble. The Revised Version omits 'the church,' and substitutes 'she'; explaining in a marginal note that there is a difference of opinion as to whether the sender of the letter is a community or an individual. 1 Peter 5:7-10 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. NIV 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Third Sunday after Trinity Humility, Trust, Watchfulness, Suffering Text: 1 Peter 5, 5-11. It is one of the glorious attributes of the true God, that he can and will thus notice the needs of the mean as well as the mighty; and one of the richest of all consolations when we are afflicted, and are despised by the world, is the thought that we are not forgotten by our heavenly Father. He will bear both thee and thy burden. NIV 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time; 7 casting all your anxiety upon him, because he careth for you. of What are we - what have we done, that should be worthy of such condescension? Psalm 142:4,5 I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul... Matthew 6:26,33 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them... Mark 4:38 And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say to him, Master, care you not that we perish?

All rights reserved. This is a plain reference to Psalm 55:22 : Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he will sustain thee. Any other use including, but not limited to, copying, posting or reposting on the Internet is prohibited. Casting all your care on him; for he cares for you.