(, English Standard Version - The Holy Bible Online, California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Love never ends. Article Images Copyright © 2020 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. Learn More About English Standard Version 2016. 11When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. 3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, a but have not love, I gain nothing. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 5:22; Eph. Background: The apostle Paul wrote this letter to the early church at Corinth. when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. English Standard Version; 1 Corinthians 13 1 Corinthians 13. Salem Media Group. [ch. 7Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 10:12; 17:9; 1 Thess. (. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;b When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 1 Corinthians 13 English Standard Version The Way of Love 1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. The English Standard Version is published with the permission of Good News Publishers. 14:1, 39; Matt. We'll send you an email with steps on how to reset your password. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 7:22]; See Acts 2:18. prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. 3If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned,a but have not love, I gain nothing. The Way of Love 1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 4:8], [2 Cor. The Way of Love. 5or rude. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love. 6it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 8:2] we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but # [John 15:15] when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. The Holy Bible, English Standard Version® (ESV®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. 10but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. James 1:23; [Num. So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love. Copyright © 2020, Bible Study Tools. 12:8; Job 36:26; 2 Cor. 12For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. 4:32; Col. 3:12], irritable and does not count up wrongdoing. 9 For # [ch. of When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. 2:10; 1 Pet. 5:14; 2 Tim. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. abideth. All rights reserved. Love never ends. 3:18; 5:7], then face to face. 8 Love never ends. 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 ESV / 1,120 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful. The English Standard Version is published with the permission of Good News Publishers. 13So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love. If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 1 1 Corinthians 13 (ESV) – Love is patient, love is kind … Main point: Love is the greatest gift of all. 8Love never ends. Open with a short prayer, inviting God to teach us. [Prov. 6:6; Gal. 1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 1 Corinthians 3:14 If any man's work abide which he has built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.. 1 Peter 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.. 1 John 2:14,24 I have written to you, fathers, because you have known him that is from the beginning. 4Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. Proud member so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 2And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.